WhatsApp has announced several new features in the voice messaging ecosystem. The feature was first introduced in 2013 and the instant messaging application owned by Meta is slowly improving the overall experience. To make voice messages more useful, the app shares some of the latest features that will be coming to Android and iOS smartphones.
WhatsApp has confirmed that these new voice messaging features will be rolled out to all Android, iOS users in the coming weeks.
WhatsApp has announced that the new features are aimed at making the voice messaging experience on WhatsApp even better. Here are some of the listed features:
• Outside chat playback: Listen to voice messages outside of chat so you can do more than one thing or read and reply to other messages.
• Pause/resume recording: When recording a voice message, you can now pause and resume recording when you’re ready, if you’re interrupted or need to collect your thoughts.
• Waveform Visualization: Shows a visual representation of the sound on a voice message to help follow the recording.
• Draft Preview: Listen to your voice messages before you send them.
• Remember playback: If you pause while listening to a voice message, you can resume where you left off when you return to the chat.
• Faster playback on forwarded messages: Play voice messages at 1.5x or 2x speed to hear messages faster on both regular and forwarded messages.
WhatsApp announces new voice messaging features for Android, iOS users first appeared on BGR India.