Uber and Ola are one of the most used app-based cab services in India these days. Although they have made travel very convenient, however, traveling during festivals can be a real hassle. Hence, all riders should be aware of all the safety features while travelling, especially during festivals like Diwali. Listed below are some safety tips and tricks you need to know if you are planning to travel with Uber this Diwali.
Uber allows users to set up a list of ‘trusted contacts’ and share their ride details whenever they want. Here are the steps you can follow to set up your trusted contacts on the app.
How to share a trip on Uber
If you are already in the middle of a ride and want to share the journey status with your family or friends. You can follow these steps to use ‘Share My Trip’ feature on Uber.
- Open the app (Android, iOS) and swipe up on the home screen
- Now tap on “Share Trip Status” option
- Select all contacts from your ‘Trusted Contacts’ list to share your travel status. You can select up to 5 contacts from the list
- Once done, your selected trusted contacts will receive a notification showing the driver’s first name, vehicle information and real-time map location.
If you haven’t added any ‘Trusted Contacts’ on the app. You can follow these steps to add them now.
- Open the Uber app and go to the “Settings” section
- Now tap on “Manage Trusted Contacts”>Add Trusted Contacts
- Type the names of these contacts from your contact list (up to 5)
- Once done, you can choose from three options: “Don’t remind me, I’ll share my trips manually”, “Remind me at night (9 a.m. to 6 a.m.) or “Every Remind me before the trip”
If you chose to share the status manually, all you need to do is tap on the option “Share my ride” and you are good to go.
Apart from this, Uber also allows passengers to share their travel status with their loved ones via WhatsApp or SMS. They have to look at the “Send Status” option on the homescreen while traveling. The ride status will be shared as a link.
Note: You can also share your journey status with other contacts as well by clicking “Send Status” and pasting the link generated on WhatsApp or SMS when your ride is booked.
The post Uber Tips & Tricks: How To Travel Safely During Diwali First appeared on BGR India.