Spotify has introduced a new “Supergrouper” feature that allows users to create a supergroup that includes up to 5 of their favorite artists. Once the user selects these 5 artists, Spotify curates a personalized playlist (regardless of what) that users can enjoy. They can also share this playlist as a custom card on their social media handles like Instagram.
Spotify Introduces a “Supergrouper” Feature: How It Works
According to the company’s blog, this in-app feature will create a playlist of your chosen favorite artists. You can give a special name to this playlist and share it with your friends and family through social media platforms.
— Spotify (@Spotify) 28 June 2022
Here are the steps you can follow to use this newly introduced ‘Supergrouper’ feature.
- First and foremost, users need to make sure that the Spotify app is up-to-date.
- On your phone, go to supergroup link
- Now, select 3 to 5 artists that you would like to listen to on loop. You also have the option to let Spotify choose your favorite artists.
- Specify a name for your supergroup playlist
- Spotify will create a supergroup playlist containing a mix of songs from these artists.
- Users will also see a custom card that they can share with their friends and family on social media
Notably, the feature is now available for Spotify users in the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, and the Philippines. According to Spotify, “While there’s no guarantee that your favorite artists will come together on stage or in the studio, Supergrouper lets you do the next best thing. Now, you can actually imagine — or reveal — Might also try – a collaboration between Mariah Carey, Charlie Puth and Maluma.
For those unaware, Spotify is currently working on a new “Community” feature that will show what friends are listening to on the platform in real-time.
Spotify’s new ‘Supergrouper’ feature creates personalized playlists with users’ favorite artists first appeared on BGR India.