While making mixtapes may sound like old school, Spotify, the very popular music streaming service, has a modern version for it. Spotify has a “collaborative playlist” feature that allows users to share their favorite tracks in the same playlist. Any song added to this playlist will be visible to everyone added to the playlist. Here’s how you can create a collaborative playlist on Spotify and enjoy music with your friends and family.
How to Create Companion Playlists on Spotify
- Open Spotify on phone or laptop and tap on “Library”
- Go to “Playlists” and choose the one you want to collaborate with others (you can choose only the playlists you’ve created)
- Tap the “Add User” button in the header to associate the playlist
- You can invite users by sharing the link on social media app, messaging app or copy-pasting the link.
Start inviting others to add songs and podcast episodes on social media, messaging apps, or by copying and pasting the link. This playlist can include songs as well as podcasts. Users can tap on the link sent and listen to the track on the playlist. However, they must add the playlist to their library at any time to return to the playlist. For this, they have to tap on the heart icon given below the name of the playlist.
How to Add Songs to Companion Playlists on Spotify
- Desktop app users can drag and drop a song into a playlist
- Mobile app users can tap on the three vertical dots in front of a song on Spotify and select “Add to Playlist.”
Similarly, songs can be deleted from this playlist. Each song added to the playlist will show the name, initials or display picture of the user who added that song. Desktop app users can also see the date when songs were added.
Spotify post: How to create and add music to a collaborative playlist first appeared on BGR India.