Sony PlayStation 5’s first pre-order date for 2022 has been revealed. The company will organize a sale on January 18 at 12 noon. The gaming console is listed on Sony’s own official online store, ShopatSC. Other e-commerce websites are also expected to list the console soon.
Sony has put up a banner for the standard edition of PlayStation 5. It looks like it won’t be providing any units of the digital version of the pre-order console. The price of PlayStation 5 is Rs 49,990 only.
Apart from ShopatSC, Vijay Sales has listed the gaming console on its website with the same selling time and only Blu-ray version on sale. Apart from these two retailers, the console will be available on Amazon, Flipkart, Croma, Prepaid Gamer Card, Games The Shop, Reliance Digital.
Sony PlayStation 5 will soon complete a year in the Indian market and the gaming console is still in short supply. All of last year’s pre-order sales ended within minutes, if not seconds. Upcoming sales are also expected to be limited in terms of stock.
Tips and tricks you can keep in mind when pre-ordering a PS5
- Try opening multiple e-commerce websites on your laptop, this will give you a chance even if one site fails. But don’t overcrowd your browser either. Simply choose retailers you trust.
- While it’s great to have multiple tabs open, it’s even better if you have someone else help you through the booking process. An extra pair of hands and a separate machine double your chances of booking a console.
- Don’t give up easily, sometimes servers get overloaded and websites show stock minutes after the appointed time of 12 hrs. Some buyers have managed to book consoles hours later because of this error.
- It is important that you save all your payment information on that platform ahead of time. This console helps a lot during those last seconds of booking. Make sure you are logged in to your account.
- Try to have multiple payment options on hand such as UPI, credit/debit cards and more.
- While these tips may help you, they don’t guarantee success once pre-orders start. Sony is facing a severe shortage of consoles due to the lack of chips. The company recently confirmed that they will continue to manufacture the PS4 this year. This may be because PS5 units may still be hard to come by.
Sony PlayStation 5 first pre-order date for 2022 revealed: Tips to book a PS5 successfully first appeared on BGR India.