oneplus Sometime back in February this year, OnePlus launched its budget-focused smartphone, the OnePlus Nord CE 2. The smartphone was launched with a lower-end chipset running Android 11 OS out-of-the-box. Now, the device is getting the new OxygenOS 12 open beta update, with Android 12 OS below it. This update comes almost six months after the phone’s release in India.
How to Update to Android 12-Based OOS 12 Open Beta 1?
OnePlus confirmed on its community forum that the OnePlus Nord CE 2 is getting the OxygenOS 12 beta 1 update in the country. The firmware version for the update is A.13. You can download the update by click here,
know the bugs
Before you go ahead and update, note that you may encounter some bugs. OnePlus itself has listed some of the bugs that you can see while using OOS 12 open beta.
- The time is displayed abnormally on AOD.
- There is no location information in the video description.
- In the App Cloner version of WhatsApp, the sound may not play when connected to a wireless earphone.
Beyond that, you’re still bound to notice some unknown bugs. However, apart from the bugs, you will get all the Android 12 features on your OnePlus Nord CE 2.
Here is the changelog of the update.
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures using a brand new material inspired design and integrating lights and layers
- AI system booster optimized for 2.1 to support the system to run smoothly even when the load is high
- Optimized software algorithms and improved face recognition to better recognize various shape features and skin color
- Newly added three adjustable levels, bring a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- Newly added style options for cards make data content more visible and easier to read
- Newly added access to the OnePlus Scout in Shelf, which lets you search for tons of content on your phone including apps, settings, media data, and more.
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card to Shelf for easy tracking of your health status
work life balance
- Newly added Work Lies Balance feature, allowing you to seamlessly switch between work and life modes via quick settings
- Newly supported automatic work/life mode switching based on specific locations, Wi-Fi networks and times, also bringing customized app notification profiles for personalization
- Newly supported switching between different layouts with two-finger pinch gestures, intelligently recognizing best quality images, and cropping thumbnails based on content, making gallery layouts more attractive
- Newly added multiple styles on lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added support for multiple brushes and strokes and color adjustments
Here’s how to roll back to Android 11
If you updated to OOS 12 beta 1 but want to roll back to Android 11, click here,
The Android 12-based OOS 12 Open Beta 1 update first appeared in India after the OnePlus Nord CE 2 on BGR India.