Ola Electric has today started rolling out the MoveOS 3 update for its Ola S1 and Ola S1 Pro electric scooters in India. The announcement was made at a special launch event in Bengaluru. Notably, Ola had first announced the next-gen operating system for its electric scooters, i.e. MoveOS 3 in October this year. At that time, the company had said that the update would be available to Ola EVS users in December this year. Now, almost two months later, the company has officially started rolling out the MoveOS 3 update for its users. Ola said it will be rolling out the MoovOS 3 update to over one lakh EVs across the country via over-the-air (OTA) update and the roll out is expected to be completed within a week.
At the event, the company also clarified that the company’s newly launched electric scooter, namely the Ola S1 Air, will also get the MoveOS 3 update. Additionally, Bhavish Agarwal, CEO of Ola Electric, also spoke on what lies ahead for the company in the coming year.
At the event, Agarwal said that the company has several new products lined up for 2023, including electric bikes. Over time, Ola Electric aims to introduce electric bikes across different price segments in the future, he added. When asked about the company launching an electric car – which was teased by an Ola executive a few months ago – he said the electric car was in the works and the company was planning to launch it in 2024.
Coming back to the MoveOS 3 update, the OS has several new features for the Ola S1 and S1 Pro users. Here are the top features that MoveOS 3 will bring to Ola’s electric scooters:
Top Features of MoveOS 3 You Should Know About
– Hypercharging: MoveOS 3 has a new hypercharging feature that enables users to charge their EVs so that they can go up to about 50 km in just 15 minutes.
– Advanced Regain: MoveOS 3 also includes an upgraded Regen that brings three different regenerative braking settings that users can choose from depending on their riding patterns. The list includes the Low setting for highway driving, the default setting for daily commuting, and the High setting for high-traffic areas.
– Vacation Mode: MoveOS 3 also features a Vacation Mode that enables users to leave their EV for periods of up to 200 days without the worry of deep discharge.
Hill Hold: The purpose of this feature is to help users while driving on inclined roads. Essentially, this activates motor counter torque to prevent the vehicle from rolling backwards on a hill.
– Profile: With MoveOS 3, Ola S1 and Ola S1 Pro users will get the Multiple Profiles feature, with preferred settings and routes for different users in a household.
– Proximity Lock / Unlock: This feature will enable users to lock or unlock their scooter by simply walking up to their scooter with their phone.
– Mood: MoveOS 3 features three moods – Bolt, Vintage and Eclipse – that will enable users to change their entire riding experience by customizing their EV’s dashboard and eventing its sound.
– party mode: MoveOS 3 also features a special Party Mode in which users can play music while synchronizing their EV’s lighting based on the lyrics, beats and genre of the music.
– document: This feature will enable users to upload important documents like driving license, Aadhaar card on their EV through Ola Electric app. These documents will be accessible through the HMI screen of the EV.
The post Ola Electric starts rolling out MoovOS 3 for its electric scooters in India: Check out top features appeared first on BGR India.