Google Drive is one of the most important apps for many people on their smartphones these days. Whether it’s billions of images from your recent vacation, or your resume or some important WhatsApp chat, Google Drive can save it safely. This backed up data can be shared, edited and saved on the cloud and can be accessed from any device or location.
The types of files Google Drive allows you to upload include documents, images, audios, and videos.
Here’s how you can upload files to Google Drive via a computer, Android phone, or iOS device
How to Upload a File to Google Drive
- open your computer and go google drive
- Make sure you are logged in to the correct Google Account and click on
- “New” option in the top left corner
- Now click on “File Upload” or “Folder Upload”
- Select the file or folder you want to upload and that’s it!
Users also have the option to easily drag and drop the required file into Google Drive to upload it.
Android, iPad, iPhone
The steps for uploading a file or folder from an Android or Apple device are similar.
- On your Android phone, tablet, iPhone, or iPad, open the Google Drive app
- Tap on the Add icon and then select “Upload”
- Now select the required file or folder
Once these files are uploaded to Drive, you can edit, share, or view the document online. For the unversed, Google no longer offers unlimited storage space to its users.
According to an official statement, “Your Google Account starts with 15GB of included cloud storage, which can be used across Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos. You can purchase more storage in Google Drive to get additional benefits.” or upgrade to Google One.”
Google does not allow students to purchase storage. Hence, they have to contact the person who gave them the said account.
The post How to Upload Files to Google Drive: A Step-by-Step Guide first appeared on BGR India.