The Apple iPhone 11 had completely removed the Home button from the screen, making it confusing for some older iPhone users to perform basic tasks. If you are struggling to figure out how to turn off your iPhone 11, you are not alone. Previously, users could simply press and hold the side power button until “slide to power off” appeared, after which you could simply slide and switch off the handset. However, pressing the side button now activates Siri on iPhone 11 models.
how to turn off iphone 11
To turn off the Apple iPhone 11 with buttons, you need to follow these simple steps:
- Press one of the volume buttons and the side button simultaneously
- You will see the option “slide to power off” on the display
- slide to turn off the phone
how to turn off iphone 11 without button
If turning off the iPhone 11 with a button is too much of a hassle for you, you can opt to turn it off without a button as well. Here are the steps:
- Open iPhone “Settings”
- Go to the “General” category and select “Shut Down”
- Slide the slider on the screen to turn off your iPhone 11
To turn on the iPhone 11, all you have to do is long-press the side button until you see the Apple logo as in its predecessor model.
How to restart iPhone 11
To force restart iPhone 11, you need to follow some steps:
- Press and hold the volume button and side button until the slider option appears on the screen
- Drag the slider as prompted and wait for 30 seconds for your handset to turn off.
- To turn it on, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo on the display, as described earlier.
For those unaware, Apple is planning to launch iPhone 14 series which may include iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max and iPhone 14 Max.
How to switch off your Apple iPhone 11 This post first appeared on BGR India.