The taxi service service, Uber, has become quite popular and is one of the most used apps in our daily life. The company provides many features to its users including security features. Uber also allows users to share their travel status with their friends and family.
Uber has a section called “Trusted Contacts” where you can add up to 5 people with whom you can share your current location and estimated time of arrival for your trips.
Here are the steps you can follow to share your Uber travel status with your friends and family.
How to set up a ‘Trusted Contact’ on Uber?
- Open the Uber app and go to the “Settings” section
- Now tap on “Manage Trusted Contacts”>Add Trusted Contacts
- Type in the names of these contacts from your contact list (up to 5)
- Once done, you can choose from three options: “Don’t remind me, I’ll share my trips manually”, “Remind me at night (9 a.m. to 6 a.m.) or “Every Remind me before the trip”
- Now every time you’re on a ride, you can just swipe up and tap Share My Trip.
If you haven’t or don’t want to set up your trusted contact list, users can share their ride status by copying a link below, tapping on “Send Status” and pasting it on other apps like WhatsApp, SMS . even more.
This way, the receiver will get real-time location updates with the driver’s first name and vehicle information, regardless of whether they use the Uber app. Trusted contacts can get in touch with the authorities if they see anything suspicious.
If you want to stop sharing your Uber location with these contacts, you can delete them by going to the Trusted Contacts menu and tapping on the “Delete Trusted Contact” option below that particular contact name.
The post How to share your Uber ride with anyone: a step-by-step guide first appeared on BGR India.