There are several ways you can share your location with others from different apps, including whatsapp, messenger, snapchat And so on, but not every third-party app is safe for your data. Here are the steps you need to use to share your exact real-time location Google Maps Application.
How to share your real-time location with others on Google Maps
- Open the Google Maps app on your smartphone and tap on your profile picture in the top right corner
- Now select “Location Sharing”
- Now tap on the desired time period (between 15 minutes to 12 hours) for which you want to share your location, by clicking the “+” and “-” options in front of it
- You can also choose the option to “Unless you turn it off” for location sharing
- Once done, select the contact/s with whom you want to share the location. If you don’t find the related contact, keep swiping to the right and then tap on the “More” option
- Users can choose to share this location via various apps including Telegram, Messenger, Gmail, Instagram, Facebook and more
- Tap on “Share”
Once you share this location, a Google Maps link will appear in front of the recipient, which will take them to this app sharing real-time location data. Notably, the “unless you turn it off” option will only work if you share it through your Gmail account, otherwise this option will only last for 24 hours. It seems like a fairly quick process that you can follow to share your location right now.
Specifically, this shareable link will expire after a set period of time and the viewer will lose access to your location. To stop location sharing before the specified time period, go back to the Google Maps app and go to your profile picture > Location Sharing > Pause.
How to share your real-time location on Google Maps The post first appeared on BGR India.