Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers globally. You get a lot of extensions which help you to perform your day to day tasks with ease. In a sea of web browsers, including Safari, Firefox, if you make Google Chrome your default browser, every link you click will open in that web browser only.
Here is a quick guidebook on how you can make Chrome your default web browser on Windows 10, Windows 11, and Mac.
How to make Google Chrome the default browser
- Go to start menu from left bottom corner
- Settings > Apps > Default Apps
- Select “Google Chrome” or search for it if you don’t already
- Next to “Make Google Chrome your default browser” click the Set default option
- Review the file types and click the “Set Default” button
- Open Start Menu and go to Settings
- open default apps
- At the bottom, under the “Web browser” category (marked as Microsoft Edge)
- Click “Google Chrome” under the “Choose an app” window
- open google chrome
- Click “More” in the upper right corner
- Tap on “Settings”
- Go to the “Default Browser” section and click Make Default
- If you don’t see this button, Chrome is already your default web browser.
- On an Android phone, go to Settings
- Tap on Apps & Notifications
- Tap on “Advanced”
- Select “Default Apps”
- Tap “Browser Apps > Chrome”
- On iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app
- More>Settings. tap on
- Tap on Default Browser
- Tap on Open Chrome Settings and then Default Browser App
- Set Chrome as your default browser app
Internet Explorer, one of the oldest web browsers, was officially discontinued on June 15. Microsoft launched Internet Explorer on August 16, 1995 as an add-on package for Windows 95. Later, it was included in Windows 95. -powered PC.
How to make Google Chrome the default browser The post first appeared on BGR India.