The government has made Aadhaar mandatory for many schemes. According to the notification issued by the Revenue Department, it is mandatory to link your Aadhar card with your bank. You can link your bank with Aadhaar both online and offline. If you want to link Aadhaar with your bank account online, you must have internet banking enabled for that bank.
Link Aadhaar with Bank Account through Mobile App:
- Log in to your bank’s mobile application
- Go to the “Services” tab of the “My Account” section and click on the option “View/Update Aadhaar Card Details”.
- Enter your Aadhaar number twice and click on submit button
- You will receive a message regarding successful linking of your bank account with your Aadhar card
- You can link your bank account with Aadhaar through offline mode by visiting your bank branch or nearest ATM.
- Link Aadhaar with bank account by visiting the bank.
It is mandatory for the account holder to link the account with Aadhaar to avoid deactivation of his bank account.
You can easily do this by following the procedure below:
- Fill the form for linking Aadhaar with bank account. You will get the Aadhaar-linking form on the official website of your bank.
- In case the form is not available on the website, please visit the nearest branch of your bank.
- Enter your bank account details and your Aadhaar number
- Submit a cell-attested copy of your Aadhar card along with the form
- Submit the form and photocopy of Aadhar at the counter where you may be asked to present your original Aadhar card for verification
- Your form will be accepted, and it may take a few days to link your bank account with Aadhaar.
- Once Aadhaar is linked, you will be informed about your registered mobile number.
The post here’s how you can link your Aadhar card with your bank first appeared on BGR India.