Electronic Arts (EA) has announced the discontinuation of three Battlefield games – Battlefield 1943, Battlefield: Bad Company, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – from digital stores on April 28.
“Starting April 28, 2023, Battlefield 1943, Battlefield: Bad Company 1 and 2 will be removed from the digital storefront and you will no longer be able to purchase them. This is in preparation for the retirement of online services for these titles, which will take place on December 8, 2023,” EA said in a blogpost.
For Bad Company 1 and 2, users can still continue to play them and access their respective offline features, such as the single-player campaign.
According to EA, the offline features for Bad Company 1 and 2 will continue to function after December 8th, so if users own those games, they can still play through their single-player campaigns.
In September last year, the company launched EA Anti Cheat (EAAC) for PC games with the aim of protecting EA games from tampering and cheaters.
EAAC is a kernel-mode anti-cheat and anti-tamper solution developed in-house at Electronic Arts.
“At Electronic Arts, we are committed to creating a safe and fair experience for all of our players,” said Alice Murphy, Senior Director, Game Security & Anti-Cheat.
The post EA is shutting down three Battlefield games next month: Check details appeared first on Techlusive.