The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has made it mandatory for children attaining the age of five and 15 to update biometric information in Aadhaar data. For the unversed people, Bal Aadhaar is the Aadhaar card of the children.
In a recent tweet, UIDAI announced that it is now mandatory to update biometric details of children in the age group of 5-15 years. The process is free. However, no change will be made in the child’s Aadhaar number after updating the biometric details. Parents are advised to visit their nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center to update the details of their children.
If any change is required in the details of the child, do not forget to update the same pic.twitter.com/gO4Mfm36BC
– Aadhaar (@UIDAI) November 22, 2022
Child Aadhaar Card Biometric Update
UIDAI issues 12 digit Aadhaar number to all children below the age of 5 years. However, since fingerprints do not develop beyond the age of 5, parents need to update the biometric details after that age group.
how to apply for child aadhar card
To apply for Child Aadhaar Card, here are the steps you can follow:
- Visit the official UIDAI website and go to the “Aadhaar Card” registration option.
- Now enter the required details about the child which include name, guardian’s name, parent’s phone number etc.
- Enter demographic details like residential address, locality, state and others.
- Once done, review all the entered details and tap on “Submit”.
- Now tap on “Appointment” option
- Select the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center and schedule an appointment.
While visiting the centre, you will need to carry documents like identity proof, address proof, proof of relationship, date of birth and reference number. Once the details are processed, you will receive an acknowledgment number which you can use to track the application process.
Then you will receive the said Child Aadhaar Card at your address via post within 60 days.
How To Update Child Aadhaar Card?
- Visit the official website of UIDAI and book an appointment at your nearest Aadhaar enrollment center to get updated biometric details.
- Now carry the necessary updated documents including your child’s birth certificate, identity proof and address documents.
Parents also need to bring their Aadhaar card to update their child’s biometric details. The update executed at the center will add biometric details such as facial image and fingerprints. You will then get an acknowledgment slip for future reference.
The post Child Aadhar card biometric update is now mandatory: How to update it now appeared first on BGR India.